Dermaplaning is one of the fastest growing trends in skincare—and for good reason. This technique promotes smoother skin and better absorption of your favorite skincare products. Although dermaplaning is very popular, this technique should be performed by a trained aesthetician like those at Ogden Clinic Bountiful Dermatology. Learn more about this technique below.
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is an exfoliative technique in which an Ogden Clinic esthetician superficially “shaves” the edge of a scalpel at an angle along the surface of skin. This safe and effective method method exfoliates the surface of skin and removes fine hairs that tend to trap dirt and oil.
Dermaplaning takes less than an hour to complete and requires no downtime. You can safely schedule a dermaplane facial every month, if you like.
Benefits of Dermaplaning at Ogden Clinic
- Removes soft facial hair (“peach fuzz”) that traps dirt and oil
- Enhances the effectiveness of other skin care treatments (chemical peels, microdermabrasion, etc) by allowing for deeper penetration
- Increases the absorption of creams and other daily skincare
- Gives makeup a smoother application that looks flawless
- Reduces fine lines
- Blends the look of recent acne scars, age spots, and other raised imperfections
Is Dermaplaning Safe for Acne-prone Skin?
Dermaplaning is suitable for most skin types except those with deep cystic acne or excessive production of sebaceous gland oil. If the hair is removed, the oils can cause bacterial growth that can stimulate acne breakouts. Visit one of our Ogden Clinic aestheticians for a consultation to determine if you’re a candidate for dermaplaning.
Will my hair grow back thicker?
Many women are concerned that shaving “peach fuzz” will make it grow back heavier and darker, but that’s just a myth. Superficial vellus hair (clear or white fine facial hair) will grow back at the same rate and with the same texture as it was before your treatment.
• Chemical Peels
• CO2 Laser Resurfacing
• Cryocorrection Precision
• IPL Treatment
• Kybella Double Chin Reduction
• Laser Hair Removal
• Semi-Permanent Cosmetics
• Sublative/Sublime Treatment
• Ultrashape Fat Reduction
• VBeam LaserTherapy